Did you know that a mature leafy tree produces as much oxygen in a season as 10 people inhale in a year?
Trees and their impact on the quality of life on Earth are invaluable.
Most of us tend to take things for granted when we look at trees and a forest, we admire the optical beauty while forgetting the fact that ...
- Trees also act as filters, cleansing the air that we breathe and the soil from pollutants and chemicals.
- Trees shield us from the noise we produce.
- Trees provide us with natural shade.
- Certain trees like Colorado blue spruce can make all the difference in flash flood endangered areas as the roots absorb water from the soil. By holding the soil in place, the movement of sediment and erosion is reduced.
- Trees are Nature's windbreaks which help in preventing soil and vegetation from drying out.
So next time you plan on cutting down a tree in your yard because it looks messy later in the year, remember that each one of those fallen leaves had a purpose and did a great job: It helped you breathe.
When it looks like there already are plenty of excellent reasons for maintaining and planting trees, there is the value that trees add to homes with all the benefits for human development and lifestyle: a soothing and relaxing green ambiance, lowered energy costs for air conditioning by up to 30%, reduced particle and sound pollution, protection from UV-B exposure by about 50% and the opportunity to plant fruit trees and grow food for humans, birds, insects and wildlife.
Forget the lawn - the value is in the trees.
And when it comes to selling properties nobody knows better than Real Estate Professionals about the impact that trees, well chosen plants and landscaping have. "What you plant now, you will harvest later" ~Og Mandino, words that inspire agents to sow the seeds of their business by handing out TREE SEEDS for green marketing and as a memorable message of appreciation, reminding home owners to start growing their property value today.